Notice: WSULS is streamlining Interlibrary Loan service in August
In the next few weeks the Wayne State University Library System will update Interlibrary Loan (WILD), the service you use to obtain articles and books that are not available in library collections. This update makes it easier and more convenient for you to order and receive the documents you need.
Here are some of the changes coming your way soon:
- Faster article and document delivery turnaround;
- The convenience of fewer IDs and passwords to remember; your WSU AccessID (the same one that you use to login to Pipeline and e-mail) and your ILL login are the same;
- Current request history at your fingertips; older transactions are automatically removed;
- A simple single user interface to login to your account.
What can you do?
- Contact your ILL department with questions:
- Purdy/Kresge ILL Office: 313-577-4011
- Neef Law Library ILL Office: 313-577-6170
- Shiffman Medical Library ILL Office: 313-577-1100
- Look for future updates.
NOTE: For faster delivery, our Interlibrary Loan customers are encouraged to use the “Search for article AL,” “Get it@WSU,” or “Link to Full text” buttons found in database results displays as a first step in linking to the full text of articles retrieved from a database search.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is my Username and Password?
Starting in mid-August, all logins to the Interlibrary loan (WILD) system will be set to match your WSU AccessID and password. If your old ILL username and password doesn’t work, please try your WSU AccessID and password, the same one that you’d use to login to Pipeline.
I’m not a WSU student, faculty or Staff member, what should I do?
If you are not affiliated with Wayne State University and would like to borrow resources from us, please click here
What happened to my old request history?
Transaction history will be periodically purged. Try using a reference manager program such as EndNote (freely available to WSU affiliates) to store citations.
My DOCLINE account login doesn’t match my Interlibrary Loan account, what should I do?
WSU affiliates are encouraged to link to full-text resources available in the libraries by choosing the “Search for ARTICLE AL” button found in PubMed search results displays. If no full text holdings are found, try the “request digital delivery” option at the end of the AL search box. You will receive prompt automated notification of the delivery of your articles when they appear in your library account.