Standards of Behavior
WSULS Standards of Behavior apply to David Adamany Undergraduate Library, Purdy/Kresge Library, and Science & Engineering Library.
- Library users are expected to keep noise levels at a minimum in all areas and collaboration must be quiet.
- Silent study is strictly enforced on the Undergraduate Library, 3rd floor. No group study is allowed. A group constitutes 2 or more individuals.
- Sounds from audio-visual devices, including computers, must be restricted to user headphones and be inaudible to other patrons. Private listening areas and headphones are available in the Digital and Multimedia Center.
- Headphones are not allowed on the 3rd floor of the Undergraduate Library, where listening to any audio is prohibited.
- Users agree to provide Onecards to authorized library employees upon request. OneCards are the property of WSU as noted on the backside and in OneCard Terms and Conditions.
- Computer equipment, (or other library materials) may not be altered, moved, unplugged, damaged or defaced.
- Software may not be installed on any computer, including those downloaded from the Internet.
- Users are prohibited from sharing Access IDs/passwords. All users are expected to comply with the University's acceptable use guidelines.
- Collaborative study rooms are for groups, not individuals
- Only animals trained to assist the handicapped are permitted.
- Only 2 users at a study carrel at one time.
- Flyers and postings will be allowed on bulletin boards only. Do not post on doors, walls or windows. Inappropriate postings will be removed by library staff.
- Shirts and shoes are required
- Bathing, laundering in restrooms is prohibited.
- Soliciting including panhandling or gathering petition signatures within the libraries is prohibited. Violators will be asked to leave the premises or reported to Public Safety.
- Bike racks are located outside the buildings and bikes are not allowed in university libraries.
- Restrooms identified as gender specific are intended for the use by that specific gender only.
- OneCard or other picture ID is necessary to enter the library after 6pm. WSU affilates are expected to carry their OneCard at all times on campus.
- No skateboards, rollerblades, or other recreational wheeled equipment may be used in the library.
- Disorderly conduct is prohibited, and violators will be ejected from the library.
- Alcohol, illegal drugs and tobacco use are prohibited on the premises, and any individuals under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs will be removed.
- Sexual activity is prohibited and will be reported to Public Safety.
See also the WSULS Safety & Security Policies and Procedures Manual.