Call Public Safety
Safety & Security Policies
and Procedures Manual
Table of Contents:
- How to Use This Manual
- Emergency Telephone Numbers
- General Issues
- Facility Crisis
- Other Emergency Situations
- Campus Resources for Personal Safety
- Take the victim (whether staff member or patron) to a private or quiet area if he/she is not already in a private or quiet area.
- Library Staff will notify Monitors to secure the site of the alleged assault and keep other people away from it.
- Call Public Safety (7-2222) and follow their instructions. Stay with the victim until Public Safety officers arrive. Assign a staff member to direct Public Safety to the area where victim is waiting.
- Be aware of the possibilities of shock. Keep the victim warm and quiet.
See also the WSULS Policy on Sexual Assault