Arthur Neef Law Library
Acceptable Use of
Electronic resources are provided as tools for research, teaching, clinical care and private study.
Access to licensed electronic resources is restricted to current Wayne State University students, faculty, staff and other authorized users. Most of the electronic resources are available to the WSU Libraries’ walk-in users. When current WSU students, faculty and staff are off-campus, access to licensed electronic resources will require confirmation of university status via the Wayne State University Access ID.
Electronic resources are available on- and off-campus for individual educational, research and clinical care purposes in support of the individual’s role as student, staff or faculty or in support of the University’ mission.
- You may use these resources and view items on a screen.
- You may print a copy of any record retrieved from an information search.
- Generally, you may store on electronic storage media (e.g., diskettes, hard disks, flash drives) any record retrieved from your search and display it later on a screen or print it on paper.
Engaging in following actions, which violate the University’s licenses with vendors/publishers or U.S. Copyright Law, may result in suspension or cancellation of continued access rights to a given licensed resource for the entire Wayne State University community:
- Systematic downloading of materials; downloading should be limited to an individual’s research needs. And,
- Downloading of whole issues of journals or attempts to create large databases.
- Sharing of passwords, access codes or licensed software clients.
- Use of robots, spiders, crawlers or any software designed to automatically browse the Web, record Web browsing activity, or systematically download electronic resources.
- Systematic transmission or redistribution (either on paper or electronically) of material from electronic resources to anyone or institution not involved in Wayne State University education, research or clinical care.
- Any use of licensed electronic resources for commercial purposes.
Copyright and Licensing Restrictions: All Wayne State University students, faculty and staff must respect the copyrights in all works that are accessible through WSU computers and networks. This and related requirements are outlined in the University’s Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources Policy and explained further through the Office for Teaching and Learning.
Further Information and Assistance: Please use our contact form to reach us with questions about appropriate use of electronic resources, or if you are having access difficulties.