Arthur Neef Law Library
Wayne State University Library System Food and Drink Policy
Wayne State University Libraries Food and Drink Policy is intended to help preserve our library materials, computer equipment and furnishings as well as maintain a pleasant, comfortable and healthy environment for our patrons and staff. Your help in this effort is greatly appreciated.
In addition to helping create a better study environment, the no food policy will:
- Promote recycling of appropriate food and drink packaging.
- Respect our hard-working custodial staff by taking responsibility for our personal behavior.
- Assist us in continuing to direct library funds to purchasing library resources that support the curriculum, rather than to replacing materials, furnishings and equipment damaged by food and drink.
Food is allowed ONLY in the first floor lounge of the Undergraduate Library.
There are no designated food areas in the Purdy/Kresge or Science & Engineering Libraries.
Beverages in securely covered containers may be consumed throughout the library except where otherwise posted. Open cups or mugs are not acceptable.
Food and drinks are strictly prohibited at all Library System computers in all locations.
- Patrons with food will be asked to move to a designated food area.
- Unattended food or drinks outside of the designated food areas will be discarded.
- Non-compliant patrons are subject to the Library System Due Process Policy, which may result in loss of library privileges.
- Section 4.15 of the Student Code of Conduct authorizes all library staff to enforce this policy.