- Daily Life Through History (ABC-CLIO) A searchable, and ever-expanding, website that spotlights the day-to-day lives of average Americans, past and present A virtual library of thousands of diverse sources: award-winning reference works, primary documents, illustrations, maps A key resource supporting courses in American history and literature.
- Dance Education Literature and Research descriptive index The Dance Education Literature and Research descriptive index (DELRdi) includes citations and descriptive information for dance literature and research from 1926 to the present. Covers 4,100+ literary works including theses, dissertations, journal articles, conference proceedings and reports from 200+ publications and organizations and 147 university dance programs. Methodology, techniques, and characteristics of the research documented are included in the index.
- Dance in Video (Alexander Street Press) Provides online access to over 250 dance productions, documentaries, and instructional videos, covering a wide range of 20th century styles from ballet to improvisational dance. Includes work by the most influential choreographers, performers, and companies, as well as up and coming dance troupes.
- DART: developmental and reproductive toxicology DART/ETIC is a bibliographic database on the National Library of Medicine's (NLM) Toxicology Data Network (TOXNET). It covers teratology and other aspects of developmental and reproductive toxicology. It contains over 90,000 references to literature published since 1965.
- Database of abstracts of reviews of effectiveness (DARE) (Wiley) Consists chiefly of 7 databases: Cochrane database of systematic reviews Database of abstracts of reviews of effectiveness (DARE) Cochrane central register of controlled trials (CENTRAL) Cochrane database of methodology reviews Cochrane methodology register Health technology assessment database (HTA) and NHS Economic evaluation database (NHS EED).
- Database of Genotypes and Phenotypes Database of Genotype and Phenotype (dbGaP) archives and distributes data from genome wide association (GWA) studies which explore the association between specific genes (genotype information) and observable traits.
- Database of Research on International Education Abstracts of books, articles, conference papers and reports on various aspects of international education from publishers around the world. Covers material published from 1990 onwards, a period of major change in education systems around the world and in the trade in educational services.
- Dekker encyclopedia of nanoscience and nanotechnology, second edition (Informa plc) This reference identifies current challenges and development paths ranging from materials and surface science, chemistry, and biomedicine to computer technology, information processing, and mechanical, optical, and electrical engineering-examining the design, application, and utilization of devices, techniques, and technologies critical to research at atomic, molecular, and macromolecular levels ranging from 1-100 nanometers.
- DELRdi The Dance Education Literature and Research descriptive index (DELRdi) is an index of literature and research from 1926 to the present that informs teaching, learning, and future directions of research in the field of dance education. It contains extensive descriptions of 4,100+ literary works including theses, dissertations, journal articles, conference proceedings and other reports from over 200+ different publications and organizations and 147 university dance programs. In addition to providing basic citation information, the DELRdi provides detailed descriptive information on the methodology, techniques, and characteristics of the research documented in the index. The DELRdi is the culminating product of a four-year research project supported by the United States Department of Education (2001-2005).
- DemographicsNow: Business & People (Gale) Researchers and entrepreneurs are provided with comprehensive business and demographic information valuable to assess business viability, create sales leads and marketing mailing lists, complete location analyses and business plans, analyze population trends, find potential sponsors and donors and much more. This versatile database is useful for those who want to start a business as well as those who want to take their established business to the next level. Michigan residents or Michigan library access only.
- Dermatology image atlas The purpose of this WWW site is to enable health care professionals, parents, and patients to access high quality dermatology images for teaching purposes.
- Detroit free press (Proquest) Full text of the Detroit Free Press.
- Detroit Free Press Historical Full-Text (ProQuest) ProQuest Historical Newspapers Detroit Free Press (1831-1922) offers full page and article images with searchable full text. The collection includes digital reproductions providing access to every page from every available issue.
- Detroit legal news. The Detroit Legal News provides editorial coverage of commerce, law, banking, real estate, investments, civil litigation, marketing, City and County government, and legal affairs. Also included are commercial news, public notices, court actions and a community calendar. (Access restricted to law library. See reference desk for access.)
- Dietary supplements labels database (NLM) The Dietary Supplements Labels Database offers information about ingredients in more than two thousand selected brands of dietary supplements. It enables users to determine what ingredients are in specific brands and to compare ingredients in different brands. Information is also provided on the health benefits claimed by manufacturers.
- Digital Commons @ Wayne State University Digital Commons is a service of the Wayne State University libraries. It provides a repository for Wayne State University research and scholarly output selected and deposited by the individual university departments and centers, and includes the full-text of WSU theses and dissertations.
- Digital Sanborn Maps (ProQuest) Digital Sanborn Maps, 1867-1970. Michigan Only. The Sanborn Map Company was the primary American publisher of fire maps for over 100 years, repeatedly mapping towns and cities as they changed. The maps provide a wealth of information, such as building outline, size and shape, construction materials, height, building use, windows and doors, street and sidewalk widths, boundaries, house numbers, and more for cities mapped in the state of Michigan.
- Directory of Published Proceedings (Interdok) A directory of over 50,000 published proceedings in the sciences, social sciences, medical and health sciences, humanities, ecology, life sciences, and technology.
- DIRLINE : DIRLINE (Directory of Health organizations or Directory of information resources online) is the National Library of Medicine's online interactive database containing location and descriptive information about a wide variety of biomedically related information resources primarily from the United States, with some coverage of international organizations. Records contain resource names, addresses, phone numbers, and descriptions of services, publications, and holdings.
- Dissertations and theses - full text (ProQuest) With more than 2 million entries, PQD&T is the single, central, authoritative resource for information about doctoral dissertations and master's theses. Dissertations published from 1980 forward include 350-word abstracts written by the author. Master's theses published from 1988 forward include 150-word abstracts. UMI offers over 1.8 million titles for purchase in microfilm or paper formats. More than 600,000 are available in native or image PDF formats for immediate free download.
- DNA Patent Databases (DPD) This database, a joint project of Georgetown University's Kennedy Institute of Ethics and the Foundation for Genetic Medicine, allows free public access to the full text and analysis of all DNA patents issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (PTO). Users may conduct boolean searches of the full text of the patents and of delimited fields.
- DSM Premium (Psychiatry Online) DSM Premium is a comprehensive, current, and critical resource for clinical practice available to today's mental health clinicians and researchers of all orientations.