- PACER (Public Access to Court Electronic Records) (U.S. Courts) (U.S. Courts) The PACER Service Center is the Federal Judiciary's gateway for electronic access to U.S. District, Bankruptcy, and Appellate court records. Michigan courts accessible through PACER include the US Court of Appeals Sixth Circuit, Eastern District Court, Western District Court, Eastern Bankruptcy Court, and the Western Bankruptcy Court. (See reference desk for access. Law students and Faculty can obtain PACER access via Bloomberg Law.) (Access restricted to the computers in the law library. See reference desk for access.)
- PAIS International (ProQuest) Formerly PAIS Decade, this database provides indexing and abstracting of articles, books, conference proceedings, government documents, book chapters, and statistical directories about public affairs.
- Partnership for Higher Education in Africa This Web site contains information about the Partnership, the full text of publications sponsored by the Partnership, and links to other sites that we hope you will find useful.
- Patents, United States, Full-Text (USPTO) United States issued patents and published patent applications available for searching and display from the U.S. Patent Office.
- Peace research abstracts (Ebscohost) Peace Research Abstracts includes bibliographic records covering essential areas related to peace research, including conflict resolution, international affairs, peace psychology, and other areas of key relevance to the discipline.
- Pew Hispanic Center The Pew Hispanic Center's mission is to improve understanding of the diverse Hispanic population in the United States and to chronicle Latinos' growing impact on the nation. The Center strives to inform debate on critical issues through dissemination of its research to policymakers, business leaders, academic institutions and the media.
- Pew Internet & American life project Funds, conducts, and reports on academic-quality, impartial research about the societal impact of the Internet. In addition to its research reports, offers a host of links to resources related to the Internet and society: a two-week archive of news stories web sites statistics and opinions.
- Philosopher's Index (ProQuest) Provides indexing and abstracts from books and over 270 journals on philosophy and related interdisciplinary fields published in the U.S. and the Western World. Coverage is from 1940 to the present for U.S. materials, and 1967 to the present for non-U.S. references.
- Physical Education Index (Proquest) Records are indexed and classified from peer-reviewed journals, report literature, conference proceedings, trade magazines, patents, articles from the popular press, and many other publications. Coverage includes physical education curricula, sports medicine, dance, sport law, kinesiology, motor learning, recreation, standardized fitness tests, sports equipment, business and marketing, coaching and training, and sport sociology/psychology.
- PILOTS: Published International Literature on Traumatic Stress (ProQuest) The PILOTS database is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, and includes citations to literature on post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other mental-health issues results from traumatic events, for populations ranging from children to adults.
- PLoS medicine The journal provides an open-access venue for important, peer-reviewed advances in all disciplines. With the ultimate aim of improving human health, we encourage research and comment that address the global burden of disease.
- Polling the nations This is a compilation of questions and responses from more than 12,000 national, state, local and special surveys, conducted by 700 polling organizations in the United States and 70 other countries from 1986 through the present. Each record in the database consists of one poll question and the participants' responses. Records are indexed by subject matter, publication year, location, and survey method. Other information provided includes: source name and contact information, sample population.
- Polymers: a property database Polymers provides scientific and commercial information on polymers from primary literature via reference citations and though supplier details by providing trade names and commercial product information. Searches can be done by polymer, properties, trade name, application, and more. It provides tabulated displays of search results and polymer data as well as monomer data cross-referenced from the relevant polymers.
- Postsecondary Educational Institutions and Programs The database lists approximately 6,900 postsecondary educational institutions and programs, each of which is accredited by an accrediting agency or state approval agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education as a reliable authority as to the quality of postsecondary education within the meaning of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended (HEA). Search by Institution or Accreditation Agency.
- Practical Law Company for Law Schools Practical Law Company offers transactional materials in corporate, employee benefits, finance, intellectual property and technology, labor & employment and additional practice areas. Includes model documents and drafting tips, checklists, topic overviews, and 'What's Market' notes current M&A activity, IPOs and more. Also includes 'The Summer Associate Survival Guide'.
- Presidential Recordings Program This site is a research website dedicated to the presidential recordings with highlights of conversations, recent news, and relevant research material. The site is hosted and maintained by the Presidential Recordings Program at the University of Virginia's Miller Center of Public Affairs.
- Presidents of the United States This website provides biographies of all the presidents of the United States.
- Profiles in science Contains the archival collections of prominent twentieth-century biomedical scientists donated to the National Library of Medicine, including published and unpublished materials (books, journals, manuscripts, photographs, audio tapes, and other audiovisual materials).
- Project Muse (Project Muse) A searchable database that provides access to the full text of journals published by Johns Hopkins University Press and other university presses.
- Proquest Congressional (Proquest) U.S. legislative information including hearings, reports, prints and documents and the CIS Legislative Histories from Congressional Information Service. Provides the option to limit searches to the Congressional Record or the U.S. Serial Set.
- Proquest Dissertations and theses (ProQuest) With more than 2 million entries, PQD&T is the single, central, authoritative resource for information about doctoral dissertations and master's theses. Dissertations published from 1980 forward include 350-word abstracts written by the author. Master's theses published from 1988 forward include 150-word abstracts. UMI offers over 1.8 million titles for purchase in microfilm or paper formats. More than 600,000 are available in native or image PDF formats for immediate free download.
- Proquest Multisearch (Proquest) Searches multiple ProQuest databases (ABI Inform, Ethnic NewsWatch, GenderWatch, National Newspaper Abstracts, ProQuest Nursing Journals, and Research Library) simultaneously.
- ProQuest Research Library (ProQuest) Includes citations and articles - many full text - on a broad range of topics including arts, business, education, general interest, health, humanities, international, law, multicultural, psychology, sciences, social sciences, and women's interests from a mix of scholarly journals, trade publications, magazines, and newspapers.
- ProQuest Statistical Insight (Lexis-Nexis) Provides abstracts and indexes of statistical information from over 100,000 U.S. government publications from 1973, state and private sources from 1980, and approximately 2000 documents from international organizations from 1983. Incorporates ASI subject and keyword searching. Full text or web links provided for some citations.
- Protein This database contains sequence data from translated coding regions of DNA sequences as well as protein sequences submitted to Protein Information Resource (PIR), SWISS-PROT, Protein Research Foundation (PRF), and Protein Data Bank (PDB).
- PsycArticles (Ebscohost) Provides full text access to articles from journals published by APA and allied organizations. Covers general psychology and specialized basic, applied, clinical, and theoretical research in psychology.
- PsycINFO (Ebscohost) Contains citations and summaries of journal articles, book chapters, books, and technical reports in the field of psychology and psychological aspects of related disciplines including medicine, psychiatry, nursing, sociology, education, pharmacology, physiology, linguistics, anthropology, business, and law.
- Public Administration Abstracts Public Administration Abstracts includes bibliographic records covering essential areas related to public administration, including public administration research, public administration theory, and other areas of key relevance to the discipline.
- Public Affairs Information Service International (ProQuest) Formerly PAIS Decade, this database provides indexing and abstracting of articles, books, conference proceedings, government documents, book chapters, and statistical directories about public affairs.
- Public Library of Science The journal provides an open-access venue for important, peer-reviewed advances in all disciplines. With the ultimate aim of improving human health, we encourage research and comment that address the global burden of disease.
- PubMed Central (NLM) Free online access to fulltext of life science research articles, provided by the U.S. National Institutes of Health.
- PubMed@Wayne (NLM) PubMed is a project developed by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) at the National Library of Medicine (NLM), located at the National Institutes of Health (NIH)--Overview. NLM's search service to access the 9 million citations in MEDLINE and Pre-MEDLINE (with links to participating on-line journals), and other related databases --Home page.