- Clinical Alerts (NLM) NLM began offering clinical alert notices online in January 1991. Clinical alerts are provided to expedite the release of findings from the NIH-funded clinical trials where such release could significantly affect morbidity.
- Dietary supplements labels database (NLM) The Dietary Supplements Labels Database offers information about ingredients in more than two thousand selected brands of dietary supplements. It enables users to determine what ingredients are in specific brands and to compare ingredients in different brands. Information is also provided on the health benefits claimed by manufacturers.
- Entrez, the life sciences search engine (NLM) Describes the Entrez Browser, an online database search engine for retrieving molecular biology-related citations and records from the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) databases. Entrez accesses the molecular biology subset of the National Library of Medicine's database of biomedical articles proteins from worldwide databases and nucleotides from the NCBI GenBank. Includes search instructions and help files. Links to the NCBI home page and the GenBank Sequence Database home page. Accesses the Medline database.
- Gene (NLM) Gene integrates information from a wide range of species. A record may include nomenclature, Reference Sequences (RefSeqs), maps, pathways, variations, phenotypes, and links to genome-, phenotype-, and locus-specific resources worldwide.
- Medical subject headings. (NLM) The MESH Browser is an online vocabulary look-up aid available for use with MESH (Medical subject headings). It is designed to help quickly locate descriptors of interest and to show the hierarchy in which desciptors of possible interest appear.
- Medline/PubMed (NLM) (NLM) PubMed is a project developed by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) at the National Library of Medicine (NLM), located at the National Institutes of Health (NIH)--Overview. NLM's search service to access the 9 million citations in MEDLINE and Pre-MEDLINE (with links to participating on-line journals), and other related databases --Home page.
- MEDLINEplus (NLM) An extensive guide to health information resources. Includes common diseases and conditions, dictionaries, organizations, clearinghouses, publications, directories, consumer health libraries, MEDLINE and other medical databases.
- National Library of Medicine (NLM) The National Library of Medicine within the National Institutes of Health of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, based in Bethesda, Maryland, provides an overview of its databases and electronic information sources related to biomedical and health sciences. The sources include searchable databases and databanks, bibliographic citations, archival collections, and images.
- NLM Drug Information Portal (NLM) The NLM Drug Information Portal gives users a gateway to selected drug information from the National Library of Medicine and other key government agencies. Links to individual resources with potential drug information, including summaries tailored to various audiences. Resources include the NLM search systems useful in searching for a drug, NLM research resources, resources organized by audience and class, and other NIH and government resources such as FDA and CDC.
- NLM gateway (NLM) The NLM Gateway allows users to search in multiple retrieval systems at the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM). The current Gateway searches MEDLINE/PubMed. OLDMEDLINE, LOCATORplus, AIDS Meetings, HSR Meetings, HSR Proj., MEDLINEplus, and DIRLINE.
- NLM LOCATORplus (NLM) NLM's catalog of books, journals, and audiovisuals and access points to other medical research tools.
- PubMed Central (NLM) Free online access to fulltext of life science research articles, provided by the U.S. National Institutes of Health.
- PubMed@Wayne (NLM) PubMed is a project developed by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) at the National Library of Medicine (NLM), located at the National Institutes of Health (NIH)--Overview. NLM's search service to access the 9 million citations in MEDLINE and Pre-MEDLINE (with links to participating on-line journals), and other related databases --Home page.
- Tox Town (NLM) An introduction to toxic chemicals and environmental health risks you might encounter in everyday life, in everyday places.