Shiffman Medical Library
- SAE Digital Library An easy-to-use information management system that puts thousands of full-text SAE Technical Documents only from 1998 forward at your fingertips via the web.
- Sage Journals Online he SAGE Subject Collections are discipline-specific packages of the most popular peer-reviewed journals in Communication & Media Studies, Criminology, Education, Management & Organization Studies, Materials Science & Engineering, Nursing & Public Health, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, and Urban Studies & Planning published by SAGE and participating societies.
- Science Careers Science's Next Wave, the career development resource for scientists. Science's Next Wave is a weekly online publication that covers scientific training, career development, and the science job market. The Next Wave is published by SCIENCE magazine and the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- Science citation index (ISI) An international interdisciplinary index to the literature of science.
- Science.gov Developed by an interagency working group of 18 scientific and technical information organizations from 14 federal government agencies, Science.gov provides a gateway to authoritative information resources at government science agencies, including research and development. Two major types of information included are selected authoritative science Web sites and databases of technical reports, journal articles, conference proceedings, and other published materials.
- ScienceDirect (Elsevier) A Web database for scientific research that contains abstracts and the full text of more than 1000 Elsevier Science journals in the life, physical, medical, technical, and social sciences.
- SciFinder SciFinder provides access to CAplus, a database of chemical literature as well as U.S. and foreign chemical-related patents. It includes journal articles, book chapters, patents, conference proceedings, technical reports, and dissertations indexed in Chemical Abstracts since 1907. SciFinder also provides access to databases of chemical substances, chemical reactions, chemical suppliers and regulatory information. (WSU AccessID and email password login required)
- SCIPIO: Art and Rare Book Sales/Auction Catalogs (FirstSearch) Art and Rare Book Sales Catalogs is the only online union catalog of auction catalog records in existence. This database provides bibliographic access to auction sales catalogs from all major North American and European auction houses as well as private sales—valuable sources of information on the provenance of art objects and rare books, the history of collection, and contemporary and historical market trends.
- Scopus (Elsevier) Scopus is the world's largest abstracts database of 13,450 titles from more than 4,000 international publishers with access to over 25 million abstracts (going back to 1966).
- Scribner Writers Online (Gale) Scribner Writers Online includes 15-20 page signed essays on more than 1,600 authors and literary genres drawn from 13 acclaimed Scribner print series.
- Shepard's Citations Shepard's Citations Service is a comprehensive citator used to validate the law and determine the status of an appellate case. Public access is available via LexisNexis Academic Universe by selecting 'US Legal' on the left hand portion of the screen. The Shepard's report may provide alternate citations, prior and subsequent case history, citing decisions and other sources as well as editorial treatment. Only case law is covered in LexisNexis Academic Universe.
- SIAM journals online (SIAM) Includes recently posted articles scheduled to appear in SIAM's print journals over the next one to two years. Articles are published in electronic versions approximately four months after acceptance.
- SIRS Renaissance Provides dynamic information on the following topics: architecture and design, culture, literature, multimedia, music, performing arts, philosophy and religion, and visual arts. Full-text articles are selected from more than 1,200 domestic and international publications. Many articles are accompanied by full-color images, including art reproductions, photographs, and illustrations.
- Small Business Resource Center (Gale) Learn how to start, finance or manage your small business. Resources include sample business plans, how to guides, articles and websites.
- Smart materials and structures Dedicated to technical advances in smart materials and structures, this journal covers both basic and applied research in physics, engineering and materials science, and also industrial applications.
- Social Sciences Citation Index (ISI) Over 2,474 journals across 50 social science disciplines, as well as 3,500 of the world's leading scientific and technical journals, to 1956.
- Social Services Abstracts (ProQuest) Social Services Abstracts provides bibliographic coverage of current research focused on social work, human services, and related areas, including social welfare, social policy, and community development. The database abstracts and indexes over 1,406 serials publications and includes abstracts of journal articles and dissertations, and citations to book reviews.
- Social work abstracts (Ebscohost) Social Work Abstracts database contains more than 26,000 records, spanning 1977 to the present, from social work and other related journals on topics such as homelessness, AIDS, child and family welfare, aging, substance abuse, legislation, community organization, and more.
- Sociological Abstracts (ProQuest) Sociological Abstracts abstracts and indexes the international literature in sociology and related disciplines in the social and behavioral sciences. The database provides abstracts of journal articles and citations to book reviews drawn from over 1,809 serials publications, and also provides abstracts of books, book chapters, dissertations, and conference papers. Records added since 1963 contain in-depth and nonevaluative abstracts of journal articles.
- SourceOECD (SourceOECD) SourceOECD is the publications portal of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and consists of sections that include Books and Reports by Theme, Periodicals, reference titles, and Statistical databases. To access SourceOECD users have to subscribe to the portal on an annual basis. OECD, based in Paris, France, is a forum permitting governments of industrialized democracies to study and formulate policies in all economic and social spheres.
- SpringerLINK (Springer) Provides full-text access to all 400 of Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics & astronomy, engineering, and economics.
- SSRN (SSRN) Site offers a searchable database of published papers with abstracts and full bibliographic descriptions relating to research in various area of law. Articles can be downloaded in pdf format with an adobe acrobat reader. (Database freely searchable by all users access to e-mail alerts restricted to WSU law faculty see Reference Librarian for assistance.)
- STAT!Ref Contains online version of over 30 medical textbooks and reference books.
- Stem cells and the future of regenerative medicine The participants discussed the science of stem cells and a variety of ethical and other arguments relevant to public policy as it applies to stem cells.
- Surveillance, epidemiology, and end results The SEER Program collects cancer data on a routine basis from designated population-based cancer registries in various areas of the country. Trends in cancer incidence, mortality, and patient survival in the United States, as well as many other studies, are derived from this data bank.