Shiffman Medical Library
School of Medicine Year 1 Timesaver:
Mon-Thur: 7:30am - Midnight
Fri: 7:30am - 8pm
Sat-Sun: Noon - 8pm
Changes in hours including holidays are normally posted on Shiffman’s website.
Shiffman Medical Library Information Desk
Location: Richard J. Marzurek Medical Education Commons, first floor.
Phone: (313) 577-1094
Web Site: http://www.lib.wayne.edu/shiffman
Study Rooms and Quiet Study
Currently, individual and group study rooms can only be reserved in person at the Shiffman Information Desk.
There are 12 study rooms and designated quiet study areas throughout the library.
Off-Campus Access to Library Resources
Many resources the libraries pay for (ex. online journals) are accessible off-campus through the following methods for WSU students, faculty, and staff.
- EZproxy (recommended)
- Just try going to resource through the WSU Shiffman Medical Library website, most resources just require a WSU AccessID login.
- If you experience any problems, visit the EZproxy FAQ or contact us.
- Go to: http://vpn.med.wayne.edu
- Enter SoM email login ID (e.g. zsmith) and password
- Then add Shiffman Medical Library bookmark on your VPN website
- Click "+" on the "Web Bookmarks" bar
- Enter WSU Shiffman Medical Library in the Bookmark Name box and http://www.lib.wayne.edu/shiffman in the "URL" box
- Click "Add Bookmark" button
- Now click the WSU Shiffman Medical Library link to access any library electronic resources (e.g. e-journals, e-books, databases, clinical tools, etc.)
Until you sign out you will be recognized by the university network - without the need for additional passwords. If you are having trouble logging into your account, go to http://accounts.med.wayne.edu.
Course Textbooks: Shiffman Library provides limited copies of required textbooks, many recommended texts, and pre-test material in the Reserves collection. Items can be checked out for a limited time and are building use only.
Library Catalog - search for books, journals, DVDs, etc. Get items from all WSU libraries or Michigan Electronic Library collections.
- AccessMedicine (good source for medical textbooks, images, & illustrations)
- Ebrary (good source for pre-test)
- Netlibrary (good source for pre-test)
- MD Consult
† Choose 'Books@OVID' from the menu