- "Improving Health Care Quality: A Guide for Patients and Family." Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. http://www.ahcpr.gov/consumer/qntlite/qntlite.htm
- "In search of quality health care." Consumer Reports Online http://www.consumerreports.org/
(Go to "A to Z Index," click on "HMO's Free 10/98")
- "Health Care, Part 3." National Public Radio Online Morning Edition (Audio File)
Requires Real Player (downloadable from the site).
8 minute segment on making informed decisions about health care with regard to the balance between cost, quality, and choice.
- "Health Care, Part 4." National Public Radio Online Morning Edition (Audio File)
Requires RealPlayer (downloadable from the site).
8 minute segment on changes in approaches to prevent and manage disease based on scientific evidence from clinical research.
- "Nursing Sensitive Quality Indicators for Acute Care Settings and the ANA's Safety and Quality Initiative." American Nurses Association.
(Click on "Reading Room" on left sidebar, scroll down to "Nursing Facts from the American Nurses Association", click on the article link.)
- "Understanding Health Care Quality." The Foundation for Accountability (FAACT).