Shipping and Insurance
- No exhibit fees
- You pay shipping costs only (details)
Contact for Information and Availability
- Diane Sybeldon
Fine and Performing Arts and Media Librarian
Wayne State University Libraries
- Phone: 313-577-4480
- Fax: 313-577-5265
- Email: email@example.com
A Traveling Art Display
This traveling informational display includes digitized images of artwork by notable African American artist Jacob Lawrence, as well as descriptive text that explains and puts into art historical context, his important series The Legend of John Brown, a suite of 22 silkscreen prints. The original prints are owned by the Wayne State University Art Collection and reside on the 2nd floor of the David Adamany Undergraduate Library at Wayne State. The purpose of making this display available is to bring one of the university’s unique cultural resources to Michigan libraries and other non-profit organizations that are not equipped to display original works of art.
- There is no exhibit fee – you pay shipping costs only if using commercial shipping services.
- Booking is available for libraries and non-profit institutions located in Michigan.
- Booking runs from January 2009 through August 2012.
- The display can be booked for four weeks.
- The display requires only thirty running feet of floor space.
- 250 copies of a full color informational brochure as well as title list/bibliography are included.
This project is a collaboration between the Wayne State University Art Collection and the Wayne State University Library System, with the assistance of Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) graduate student interns, and was made possible with funding from the Detroit Area Library Network (DALNET.) Image credit: © The Jacob and Gwendolyn Lawrence Foundation, Seattle/Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York